“People Awakening People to Become Fully Alive in Christ and to His Mission"
- Gathering around the Gospel and God's Word
- Choosing new friendships with the old
- Being transparent in social interactions
- Seizing time for meaningful conversations
- Extending grace while speaking truth
- Responding to the call by Jesus and to Jesus
- Loving Christ in worship and daily obedience
- Growing deeper in insight and intimacy
- Receiving freedom through grace and deliverance
- Simplifying life for sacrificial service to others
- Forwarding the full Gospel in the Spirit's power
- Providing daily witness for offering hope
- Extending God's love, mercy and justice to all
- Multiplying lives that exemplify Jesus
- Engaging Christ's mission around the globe
Meet Our Pastor
Pastor Kerry Bowman has been serving others for over 35 years in ministry. He grew up on a large grain farm still operated by his extended family in north-central Indiana where God called him into ministry. He and his wife, Melissa, moved to Southern California in 2013 along with their four children Ryan, Zac, Levi, and Grace, to lead The Awakening Church into greater ministry outreach in the growing Temecula Valley and beyond.
Having graduated from Taylor University in Indiana, with a Bachelor of Science (BS) degree in Christian Education/Systems Analysis, Kerry then completed his Master of Divinity (MDiv) at the Alliance Theological Seminary in New York, with missional studies in evangelism, apologetics and contemporary thought. In 1992, Kerry, with Melissa, began Eagle Church on the northwest side of Indianapolis where he served for 20 years as Lead Pastor for a vibrant outreach growing into a large multi-site ministry.
After moving to Murrieta, California, Pastor Kerry finished his Doctor of Ministry (DMin) at Fuller Theological Seminary in Pasadena, California, with his doctoral project on “Freedom in Christ: Spiritual Deliverance within a Disciple-Making and Missional-Sending Church Vision.” Kerry is ordained with The Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) denomination.
Pastor Kerry is one of the most down to earth and transparent individuals you will meet. He has a passion for evangelism and seeing all lives genuinely changed through an intimate relationship with Jesus Christ. Do not just take our word for it, come experience his infectious passion for Christ and the work of God’s Kingdom. You can catch some of his heart in this interview.
Our Global Family
We have a strong conviction that the local church has a global calling, The Awakening Church has chosen to associate with a larger body of Christian believers across the United States and around the world. The Christian & Missionary Alliance (C&MA) is a Christ-centered missionary denomination with the largest evangelical church in several overseas countries. Because of its global impact, but relatively small North American presence, the Dr. Billy Graham once referred to the Alliance as "the best kept secret in America". Over 2000 churches comprise The Alliance in the United States and are part of a Christ-centered global movement of 6 million strong, with over 700 missionaries in 70 countries.
Our Acts 1:8 family—inspired by Jesus’ love and empowered by His Spirit—is passionate to bring the good news about Him to our neighborhoods and world. “… But you will receive power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be my witnesses in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the ends of the earth.” Acts 1:8
For more information about The Christian & Missionary Alliance go to www.cmalliance.org
interview - Pastor Kerry Bowman
1. There is one God, who is infinitely perfect, existing eternally in three persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
Deuteronomy 6:4, Matthew 5:48, Matthew 28:19
2. Jesus Christ is the true God and the true man. He was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of the virgin Mary. He died upon the cross, the Just for the unjust, as a substitutionary sacrifice, and all who believe in Him are justified on the ground of His shed blood. He arose from the dead according to the Scriptures. He is now at the right hand of Majesty on high as our great High Priest. He will come again to establish His kingdom, righteousness and peace.
Philippians 2:6-11, Luke 1:34-38, I Peter 3:18, Hebrews 2:9, Romans 5:9, Acts 2:23-24, Hebrews 8:1, Matthew 26:64
3. The Holy Spirit is a divine person, sent to dwell, guide, teach, empower the believer, and convince the world of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment.
John 14:15-18, John 16:13, Acts 1:8, John 16:7-11
4. The Old and New Testaments, inerrant as originally given, were verbally inspired by God and are a complete revelation of His will for the salvation of men. They constitute the divine and only rule of Christian faith and practice.
2 Peter 1:20-21, 2 Timothy 3:15-16
5. Man was originally created in the image and likeness of God: he fell through disobedience, incurring thereby both physical and spiritual death. All men are born with a sinful nature, are separated from the life of God, and can be saved only through the atoning work of the Lord Jesus Christ. The portion of the unrepentant and unbelieving is existence forever in conscious torment; and that of the believer, in everlasting joy and bliss.
Genesis 1:27, Romans 3:23, 1 Corinthians15:20-23, Revelation 21:8, Revelation 21:1-4
6. Salvation has been provided through Jesus Christ for all men; and those who repent and believe in Him are born again of the Holy Spirit, receive the gift of eternal life, and become the children of God.
7. It is the will of God that each believer should be filled with the Holy Spirit and be sanctified wholly, being separated from sin and the world and fully dedicated to the will of God, thereby receiving power for holy living and effective service. This is both a crisis and a progressive experience wrought in the life of the believer subsequent to conversion.
1 Thessalonians 5:23, Acts 1:8, Romans 6:1-14
8. Provision is made in the redemptive work of the Lord Jesus Christ for the healing of the mortal body. Prayer for the sick and anointing with oil are taught in the Scriptures and are privileges for the Church in this present age.
Matthew 8:16-17, James 5:13-16
9. The Church consists of all those who believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, are redeemed through His blood, and are born again of the Holy Spirit. Christ is the Head of the Body, the Church, which has been commissioned by Him to go into all the world as a witness, preaching the gospel to all nations. The local church is a body of believers in Christ who are joined together for the worship of God, for edification through the Word of God, for prayer, fellowship, the proclamation of the gospel, and observance of the ordinances of Baptism and the Lord’s Supper.
Ephesians 1:22-23, Matthew 28:19-20, Acts 2:41-47
10. There shall be a bodily resurrection of the just and of the unjust; for the former, a resurrection unto life; for the latter, a resurrection unto judgment.
1 Corinthians 15:20-23, John 5:28-29
11. The second coming of the Lord Jesus Christ is imminent and will be personal and visible. This is the believer’s blessed hope and is a vital truth which is an incentive to holy living and faithful service.
Hebrews 10:37, Luke 21:27, Titus 2:11-14